Nardin Park United Methodist Church
29887 West 11 Mile Road
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Lead Pastor: Melanie Carey
Nardin Park United Methodist Church has an immediate opening for a Director of Music Ministries with a musical and organizational background that will enhance the worship experience of Nardin Park Church.
The Director of Music Ministries needs to have proven excellence in organ and piano performance and in choral conducting. The Director also needs to have a proven track record conducting both liturgical choral music and hand bell choirs for both children and adults.
The Director will be a member of the church staff responsible for the music ministry of the church. The individual needs to have good communication skills, strong Christian values, the ability to be a team player and experience attracting other musicians.
The Key Responsibilities for the Director of Music Ministries include:
- Plan and coordinate the musical elements of the weekly worship
service in coordination with the lead pastor and program staff
- Direct music and participate in weekly worship
- Provide direction and practice for 3 choirs: adult chancel choir, youth choir, and hand bell choir
- Supervise part time music directors and a music secretary
- Play music and/or provide music for special services throughout the liturgical year.
- First refusal to provide music for weddings and funerals. Separate compensation will be provided for these types of services.
- Provide direction for the purchase of additional music that may be needed or added to the music library, currently containing over 2000 titles.
- Schedule tuning and maintenance of our musical instruments.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, bi-monthly worship committee meetings and bi-monthly church council meetings.
- Submit articles for print for the monthly newsletter.
- Plan, coordinate and promote, along with music secretary and music committee, the established music series community concerts. This includes negotiating contracts for performing musicians, fundraising for the series through extensive mailing list and marketing.
Nardin Park Church is in Farmington Hills, Michigan. We have a membership of 850 people with an average worship attendance of 240. Currently we offer a Sunday traditional worship service with the potential to expand to two Sunday services. Organ, piano and choral music is provided every Sunday before, during and after the worship service. The church has a long tradition of excellence in music ministries.
The church has a Casavant pipe organ with 3 manuals and 47 ranks, a Petrov Grand Piano which is 9 feet 4 inches, several Clavinovas, 5 octaves of hand bells, 4 octaves of hand chimes, a set of 4 Timpani, Orff instruments and a Schulmerich Carillon.
Compensation will be competitive and based on professional training, skills and experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume that includes links to or copies of any recorded performances or listing of past repertoire materials by May 15, 2017 to:
Rev. Melanie Lee Carey (Lead Pastor)